study in Uk

The UK is a world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art and design, business and management, law and finance. The UK’s reputation and legacy as a world centre for scientific research makes it a magnet for some of the very best thinkers in the world. With only one per cent of the world’s population, the UK is responsible for eight per cent of global scientific publications.


study abroad




student life


 Business Management
 Maths & IT
 Social science – Arts/Economics
 Dentistry
 Physiotherapy
 Pharmacy
 Healthcare

study abroad


You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you: have been offered a place on a course. can speak, read, write and understand English. have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances.

If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the short-term study visa. This is valid up to six months for most short courses and can be extended for a stay of up to 11 months for English language courses.

If you’re studying a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a Tier 4 Sponsor License. You can either apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa (if you’re aged 4-17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK) or a Tier 4 (General) student visa for those aged 16 and over.

study abroad

asked questions

study in uk, study in uk without ielts, study in uk consultants in kerala, study in uk, study and work in uk, study in uk with scholarship, study in uk for international students, uk education consultants in india

This is a points based visa issued to students for a full-time programme of study that is longer than 6 months in duration*. Applicants need to score 40 points out of 40 to be awarded the visa. 30 points are awarded for having a valid CAS number (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies); this is issued by the University’s CAS team ( 10 points are awarded for being able to demonstrate that you have enough money to support yourself and pay your tuition fees; this is known as maintenance or funds (living fees). 

The University will also issue CAS to students attending our pre-sessional English language courses so that they can apply for a Tier 4 visa.

CAS stands for Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies and it is an electronic document which you must request from the University after you firmly accept an unconditional offer to study here. You must have a CAS number prior to applying for your Tier 4 visa as you will need this for the application form.

As an Indian student, you can opt for on-campus residence facility or look for an off-campus accommodation. Most universities in the UK offer Halls of residence (self-catered or full-board) for students from other countries. Living as a resident on-campus is a very affordable option, however you need to apply for it separately, and well ahead in time to secure a slot for yourself.

If you are unable to find such accommodation or wish to stay alone, you can get a space for yourself on rent in shared apartments or stay with a local British family. Remember, the rentals will vary from city to city. Your IDP counsellor will also help you find an accommodation that works out the best for you.

If you’re 16 or 17 years old and applying for the Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must have written consent from your parents/guardians that you can live and travel independently along with the details of your guardian in the UK. Your IDP counsellor will help you with the same when you apply for your visa.

No. If you are 16 or over then you must apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa as we can only sponsor students with a CAS for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. If you are aged between 16 and 18 then you will need to provide a letter of consent from your official guardian(s) stating that they permit your study in the UK

Your refusal letter will state if you have grounds for an administrative review.

If you do not have this option to review then you will need to make a new application; to do this you will need a new CAS. To get a new CAS please email the University’s CAS team ( including a copy of the refusal letter. They will NOT issue another CAS without this.

study abroad

The UK is an incredible mix of international cultures and contemporary thinking, held together by a strong sense of identity and tradition. As an international student, you’ll find an array of exciting experiences ahead of you and will have the opportunity to discover exotic places and meet new people. As the UK is a cosmopolitan city, you’ll find that many UK customs are already familiar to you and so you’ll settle down faster than you think.

British people are from all kinds of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and we encourage everybody to be proud of where they come from. Don’t feel like you must hide yourself to assimilate into the UK: instead celebrate difference and let your new British friends in on why your country of origin is amazing. Cook your national dish for them or play them songs by bands popular in your country. Sharing a little piece of home will help you feel more at home in your new area.